28 May 2008

Is it white? Is it metal?

Ok, so here's the thing:  white undercoat + metal miniatures = pain in the ruddy arse! I think I'll just stick with a black undercoat in future when it comes to metal miniatures and just accept the fact that I'll need three or four coats of colour to cover it up, bah.

Anywho, I'm now thinking the witch hunter army idea isn't the best I've had in a while. Metal miniatures take so long to prepare, I think for now I'd much rather spend my time actually painting and getting better in that department. So I've decided to put the witch hunters on hold for maybe a year or so. I definatly want to come back to them however, as I think the finished products will look very cool.

So what am I going to go for in the meantime? Well I've narrowed my choice to either eldar or tau. I like their armour and weapons and the fluff of each army too. I'm leaning towards eldar at the moment. But I think what I'll do is buy a squad of basic eldar and tau troops, paint them both up and then make a decision.

I also need to decide on a colour scheme. I like the 'eavy metal colours for 
tau. As for eldar; I'm thinking a good strong yellow as a base, with black 
for the helmets and various other details. 

I'll make a proper decision soon. Peace.

No comments: